Hot Tea Month is January
Every year starts off with Hot Tea Month, and what better time than the new year and cold weather to enjoy brewing a cup of hot tea! The health benefits of hot tea are well documented, and just making time for a cup each day can greatly lower your stress levels. Green tea in particular is cited for having powerful antioxidants, which can help your immune system resist colds and infections. Tea may even help reduce cholesterol and help your metabolism to burn more calories. But don't go thinking tea is a wonder drug. It is best to mix your enjoyment of tea with a healthy exercise plan.
Here are some ways to celebrate Hot Tea Month:
- Set aside time to enjoy a cup of tea every day. Tune out the world as you sip and enjoy your tea. Turn on some music and/or read a short story. Enjoying tea and some time to yourself will help you recharge and take on the day.
- Resolve to try many new teas. Purchase a variety of teas you've never tried before and learn how they should be prepared. Share your favorites with your friends and ask them which teas they enjoy most. And don't just buy tea from stores: ask for teas at various Asian restaurants with your meals and ask them what kind of tea it is.
- Hold a tea party. Invite your friends over and have them bring their favorite tea and their favorite tea cup. Supply plenty of hot water and cookies and tea biscuits. Have your friends explain why the tea cup they brought is their favorite.
- Give tea as a gift. Surprise a friend or family member and give them a present of tea. Nothing brightens someone's day like a present, and nothing warms people like hot tea.
- Learn more about tea. Visit your library and check out books on tea. Surf the internet for articles on tea. If you have a blog, write about what you learn, especially the most interesting fact. Tag your entries "tea" (and put a link to this site!).
- Buy yourself something tea-related. You of course have to have a Russell Hobbs electric tea kettle and/or a Chantal stovetop kettle. But do you have a tea water thermometer, a loose-leaf tea ball, a one cup steeping pot, or a tea cozie? Go shopping and enjoy yourself.
- Teach someone about tea. Share your love of tea with someone, especially a young person. Tea is the perfect reason to sit down and enjoy time with someone you love. The person you teach will always remember you whenever they sit down with a cup.
- Learn to bake tasty treats to go with tea. Cookies, small biscuits, scones, biscotti, tarts, short breads, and crumpets are all great things to bake to go with tea. Tea sandwiches are also common fare at a well provisioned tea party.
- Continue enjoying tea throughout the year. January may be National Hot Tea month, but remember to continue to enjoy tea all year long. And remember to visit us here often for more information about your favorite subject: Tea!
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via e-mail to our service department or by calling 1-888-HOBBS-20 during our regular operating hours.
Our partner in the UK for service and spares is: Appliance Services Direct